What are the healthy benefits of olive oil
We love olive oil. Our brand features the color of olive oil and in Palestine you’d see an olive tree in every house, on the streets, in the mountains, on a bar top or in the reception of the hotel you go to.
We are approaching the olive harvest season which begins in October and runs through at least the beginning of November. At Mashjar Juthour, the eco-project--to which we donate 100% of Handmade Palestine’s profits--our olive harvest begins as soon as the skies open up and pour down rain this year first hard, cleansing rains. We will pick the olives - so if you’re in Palestine. join us (event link) - and then immediately after we cold press the olives to make Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil.
In my parent’s house on the kitchen table, 3 things never disappear, Olive Oil, Zaatar, and Olives. Hungry with no idea what to eat? I have a bite of Zeit and Zaatar--it feels very healthy very homey. But what are the real benefits of olive oil for our health?
Olive oil is one of the foods that has been used for thousands of years, and there are many different flavors and colors. Extra Virgin olive oil is considered the best in terms of flavor and health benefits; to preserve its quality, it is advised to keep the oil in a cool place away from heat and light, to be used within six months.
Health benefits of Olive Oil
- Rich source of antioxidants: They contain high amounts of these antioxidants, which are active compounds that can help reduce the risk of chronic disease and fight inflammation.
- Possibility to reduce the risk of strokes: Many studies have shown that people who regularly consume it have a significantly lower risk of strokes than people who do not.
- Potential for weight loss: Many studies have linked the Mediterranean diet, which is rich in olive oil, to its positive effects on weight, so consuming it in moderate amounts can be considered to help weight loss.
- The possibility of reducing the risk of diabetes: Many studies have found a relationship between its consumption and beneficial effects in blood sugar, the body's sensitivity to insulin, in addition to reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Possible Reduction of Cancer Risk: Studies have found that people in the Mediterranean have a lower risk of certain cancers, and the consumption of olive oil can be one of the reasons. The anti-oxidants in the oil reduce may reduce the free radical toxicity which is the main cause for cancer, but more studies are needed to prove this benefit.
- Possibility of relieving rheumatoid arthritis: It can help reduce joint pain, swelling caused by inflammation, and the beneficial effects of olive oil increase dramatically when used along with fish oil.
- Antibacterial properties: It contains several nutrients that can kill or inhibit the work of harmful bacteria, such as H. pylori bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers and cancer.
- A source of healthy fats: Some types of fat are beneficial and healthy for the heart when consumed in moderation, such as olive oil; it contains monounsaturated fatty acids that help reduce the risk of heart disease; 
- Possibility to reduce the risk of depression: It may help prevent depression, as opposed to eating trans fats that are found in foods that are fast and ready to increase the risk of it. 
- Possibility to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease: Alzheimer's disease rates are low in the Mediterranean countries, possibly due to high consumption of olive oil. 
Benefits of Olive Oil for skin
- A great moisturizer for the skin, enriched with vitamin E and antioxidants
- Improves skin health, it treats skin infections because it contains vitamin E.
- Prevents skin cancer.
- Can be used for makeup removal, it is best to remove makeup naturally, especially for those with sensitive skin.
- Combats signs of aging, it resists skin wrinkles.
- For getting rid of blackheads and pimples.
- Repairs and regenerates skin cells, containing vitamin E.
- Cleansing and cleaning the skin.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair Care
- Prevents Hair loss.
- Intensifies hair.
- Eliminates lice.
- Eliminates dandruff.
- Reduces frizz
- Gives hair a distinct shine
- Reduces psoriasis in the scalp of the head.
Very interesting information, I know some of them but a lot of helpful additions to what I already know. Thank you for posting.